NoNameCon 2019 Call for Talks & Workshops
NoNameCon encourages submissions of high-quality, original contributions, which present novel and trending research for Ukrainian cybersecurity community. You are most welcome to submit a talk or a workshop on variety of security related topics, some of which are listed below. But first, a few important highlights to put us all at the same page:
- By submitting a talk proposal you agree that in case of acceptance, your talk will be streamed live and recorded during the conference, and later the video will be published publicly together with slides. Although at the moment we do not plan to record workshops, organizers are welcome to share their materials and we will be happy to make them available to the audience.
- By submitting a talk or a workshop, to the best of your knowledge, you promise to acknowledge all the previous works on the same topic, properly cite all the used third-party resources, and give credit to all parties who helped you.
- The material you present should be strictly non-commercial, that means no advertising or marketing is allowed on stage. We have more than 100 square meters dedicated to sponsors, so if you want to advertise your product, the only acceptable format is to demonstrate how it can be hacked.
- We accept talks in English, Ukrainian, and Russian. Your talk will be synchronously interpreted from English to Ukrainian and vice versa. If you have a recording of your previous talks for our interpreters to analyze beforehand – we will greatly appreciate you share a sample.
- All speakers will be reimbursed for travel and accommodation expenses up to 500 EUR. Speaker privilege includes access to all conference facilities, speakers pre-party, official conference party, and a bunch of awesome gifts that are still work in progress.
- Finally, we encourage every speaker to stay within legal and ethical boundaries, do no evil, and respect the audience in all its diversity. Alright, we had to say that.
Topics of Interest
Submissions are solicited in, but not limited to, the following areas. In other words, if you topic is not listed, submit anyway!
- Web Security
- Mobile Security
- Wireless Security
- Social Engineering
- Security and Privacy
- Applied Cryptography
- IoT & SCADA Security
- System/Binary Security
- Secure Software Development
- Network and Protocol Security
- Incident Analysis and Response
- Infrastructure and Cloud Security
- Privacy, Anonymity, and Online Security
- Malware Analysis and Reverse Engineering
- Network Attacks Detection and Prevention
- Penetration Testing Methods and Techniques
- Threat Intelligence and Forensics Investigations
The talks and workshops will be limited in time: we request speakers to plan less than 1 hour per talk including Q&A, and trainers to fit their material into 2-3 hour workshop slots.
Workshop trainers are requested to provide the list of prerequisites for themselves and the audience: what equipment, software, and previous knowledge/experience are required from the audience. Also, workshop trainers are requested to provide the plan of the practical part of their session: the outline of what exercises are planned to be performed collectively and individually, or in other format.
For the submission, we are asking you to be as descriptive as you can, however, we do not request any materials to be submitted beforehand. We could get back to you for details in case something is not fully clear to us in your submission.
The CFP process is coordinated via Pretalx, you will have to register if you have not done it before. We intend to review all submissions as they arrive, which means you could receive your acceptance notification anytime before the submission deadline. All speakers will be informed about the program committee decision within two weeks after the submission deadline.
If you have any questions on the teems of CFP, timing, logistics of NoNameCon, or Kyiv sightseeing and club life, or any other matter we could help you with, – please do not hesitate to reach out to us via email [email protected] or via our social network presence: Facebook and Twitter. You can find the materials of NoNameCon 2018 on our archive web-site: https://2018.nonamecon.org.
We are looking forward to seeing you at NoNameCon 2019!
You can enter submissions until 2019-04-16 23:59 (Europe/Kiev, 4 months, 1 week).