NoNameCon 2021 Call for Talks, Workshops & Villages
NoNameCon 2021 is the 4th practical cybersecurity conference organized by Ukrainian cybersecurity community, which will be held virtually on September 3rd, 2021.
NoNameCon solicits submissions of high-quality, which present original contributions, novel and trending research to share with cybersecurity experts and enthusiasts. You are most welcome to submit a talk or a workshop proposal on a variety of security-related topics, some of which are listed below. Though first, a few important highlights to put us all on the same page:
- By submitting a talk proposal you agree that in case of acceptance, your talk will be streamed live and recorded during the conference, and later the video will be published publicly together with the slides. Although at the moment we do not plan to record workshops, organizers are welcome to share their materials, and we will be happy to make them available to the audience.
- By submitting a talk or a workshop proposal, you promise to acknowledge all the previous works on the same topic to the best of your knowledge, properly cite all the used third-party resources, and give credit to all parties who helped you.
- The material you present should be strictly non-commercial, which means no advertising or marketing is allowed on stage
- We accept talks in English and Ukrainian.
- Finally, we encourage every speaker to stay within legal and ethical boundaries, do no evil, and respect the audience in all its diversity. Alright, we had to say that.
Topics of Interest
Submissions are solicited in, but not limited to, the following areas. In other words, if your topic is not listed, please submit anyway!
- Practical Web and Mobile Security
- DNS Security and Privacy
- Practical Wireless Security
- Social Engineering Attacks and Defenses
- General Security and Privacy
- IoT & SCADA Security
- Applied Cryptography
- System/Binary Security
- Secure Software Development
- Network and Protocol Security
- Incident Analysis and Response
- Infrastructure and Cloud Security
- Forensics and Cybercrime Research
- Privacy, Anonymity, and Online Security
- AI and ML applications to Cybersecurity
- Malware Analysis and Reverse Engineering
- Network Attacks Detection and Prevention
- Cyberwarfare and National Cyber Strategies
- Penetration Testing Methods and Techniques
- Threat Intelligence and Forensics Investigations
- Unethical and illicit activity on the web
- Disinformation and deception threats
The talks and workshops will be limited in time: we request speakers to plan less than 1 hour per talk including Q&A, and trainers to fit their material into 3-hour workshop slots. In addition, we accept proposals for virtual villages with independent talks and activities on a specific topic in a dedicated cyberspace.
Workshop trainers are requested to provide the list of prerequisites for themselves and the audience: what equipment, software, and previous knowledge/experience are required from the audience.
For the submission, we are asking you to be as descriptive as you can, however, we do not request any materials to be submitted beforehand. We could get back to you for details in case something is not fully clear to us in your submission.
The CFP process is coordinated via Pretalx, you will have to register if you have not done it before. We intend to review all submissions as they arrive, which means you could receive your acceptance notification anytime before the submission deadline. All speakers will be informed about the program committee decision within two weeks after the submission deadline.
If you have any questions or proposals about the terms of CFP, timing, logistics of NoNameCon, or just about Ukrainian cybersecurity community, or any other matter we could help you with, – please do not hesitate to reach out to us via email [email protected] or via our social network presence: Facebook and Twitter. You can find the materials of previous NoNameCon editions on our YouTube channel
We are looking forward to seeing you at NoNameCon 2021!
This Call for Papers closed on 2021-07-23 23:59 (Europe/Kiev).